Every parent has hopes and dreams for their children. These dreams start even before a child is born. When these hopes and dreams are shattered due to medical malpractice, the heartbreak, sadness and grief can threaten to consume you. One way to get justice and a measure of control over your life is to bring a lawsuit against those responsible for your child's condition.
A Team Of Experienced And Effective Birth Injury Attorneys
The New York City law firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP, has helped parents and children in birth injury claims for decades. Your child still has much to offer to the world. Our lawyers will help you recover the financial compensation that is necessary to help your child live as full a life as possible.
Our dedicated New York birth injury attorneys and staff can take action in the full range of birth claims, including:
- Cerebral palsy: If your child has cerebral palsy because of medical malpractice in labor or delivery, we can help.
- Erb's palsy: Erb's palsy damages the nerves in the shoulder and the muscles in the elbow.
- Brain injuries from birth. When a baby does not have sufficient oxygen in labor and delivery, he or she can suffer severe brain injury.
- Excessive newborn jaundice: When a child has excessive levels of bilirubin at birth, it can lead to severe brain damage, known as kernicterus.
- Obstetric negligence: When obstetricians make mistakes in the labor and delivery process, the result can be life-changing injuries or death to the child and/or the mother.
- Cesarean section injuries: A cesarean section is a major surgery. When doctors fail to handle complications arising from the surgery, mothers can be injured or even killed.
- Improper use of forceps: Doctors must exercise great care when using a forceps to deliver a child. The inappropriate use of this device can lead to lifelong injuries.
- Traumatic vacuum extraction: Often a vacuum extraction, when performed improperly or at an inappropriate stage of labor, can cause severe damage and trauma.
- Failure to recognize fetal distress: Fetal monitoring strips provide extensive information about your child's progress in labor. When medical professionals fail to act on signs of distress, your child may be severely injured or die as a result.
- Failure to recognize pregnancy-induced hypertension: High blood pressure, or hypertension, caused by pregnancy can injure both the child and the mother.
- Uterine rupture: When doctors and others in the delivery room fail to recognize the signs of uterine rupture, the mother and child can die.
- Failure to recognize and treat infant seizures: Infant seizures are often the sign of birth injuries that have been caused by medical negligence in labor or delivery.
- Prolonged rupture of membranes
- Neonatal sepsis
- Failure to resuscitate
You pay nothing upfront. You pay nothing unless we win your case.