Breast cancer is a devastating diagnosis, regardless of the progression of the cancer. However, the chances of surviving breast cancer for at least five years are clearly linked to receiving an early diagnosis. Mismanagement of records, misreading mammograms, misdiagnosis of the disease or underestimating the severity of a lump are some of the more common errors. Delayed diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer can be fatal.
Skilled Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Attorneys
Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff, LLP, is a leading medical malpractice law firm and is committed to representing plaintiffs in litigation related to breast cancer misdiagnosis. Our medically experienced attorneys have extensive knowledge of the legal and medical aspects of breast cancer litigation in New York state and provide a free initial consultation.
The Consequences Of A Delayed Breast Cancer Diagnosis
When cancer is diagnosed late, the patient is more likely to die. An early diagnosis can mean difference between life and death. Later diagnosis almost always results in significantly more tissue loss, more invasive procedures, and considerable loss of well-being due to aggressive chemotherapy and radiation. If you feel your doctor has ignored early warning signs of cancer or misread the signs, and you or a family member has suffered a more severe consequence as a result, you may be entitled to compensation.
Breast cancer misdiagnosis and error include the following:
- Errors in diagnosis occur when physicians do not perform a breast examination, misidentify or ignore an apparent lump or mass in a breast.
- Failure to order a breast biopsy.
- When a lump is discovered, a physician may fail to order a mammogram, compression study or other breast imaging procedure, mistake the lump for an infection, or fail to order a biopsy to determine if the lump is benign.
- Mammograms can be misread, relied on too heavily (in lieu of breast examination) or its results not pursued.
- Errors in follow-up tests include failing to order a biopsy or ultrasound or simply failing to follow up with the patient regarding test results.
Our New York City breast cancer misdiagnosis lawyers have successfully settled innumerable breast cancer cases, as well as winning breast cancer medical malpractice verdicts.
Contact Our New York City-Based Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis Attorney
If you would like a free consultation about your breast cancer claim, please contact us.
You pay nothing upfront. You pay nothing unless we win your case.