Critical treatment of cancer and other serious illnesses depends upon timely diagnoses. Advances in modern medicine make it possible to treat diseases and illnesses, but if a diagnosis is not made as soon as possible, those treatment options could become fewer and less effective.
At the law firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP, our attorneys have successfully represented individuals who have been injured due to a misdiagnosis or a failure to diagnose their illnesses or injuries. If you have lost a loved one or if you are suffering from an illness that you believe was misdiagnosed, it is important to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible.
Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys in New York City
A physician's failure to order or interpret the right tests or to properly recognize symptoms of a disease can result in:
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer: When cancer is not detected early, it can spread to other parts of the body and lead to death. Our law firm serves victims of every type of cancer misdiagnosis, including breast cancer misdiagnosis.
- Failure to diagnose and prevent a heart attack: In too many emergency rooms, doctors send patients with heart attack symptoms home. Death or grievous injury is the result. Often there is a callous failure to perform rudimentary procedures such as serial EKG and blood enzyme analysis.
- Failure to properly read X-rays and mammograms: Radiologists are trained to read and interpret X-rays. When they make mistakes, the patient loses valuable time to combat disease.
- Negligent treatment of diabetes: When physicians fail to treat diabetes properly, individuals can suffer severe harm or death.
- Misdiagnosis of appendicitis: Appendicitis is often misdiagnosed as a less serious condition like indigestion or flu. A delay in diagnosis can lead to severe medical complications requiring extensive medical treatment, or even wrongful death.
- Misdiagnosis of colon cancer: Colon cancer often goes undetected before it becomes life-threatening. Patients exhibiting signs of colon cancer should be screened as soon as possible.
- Misdiagnosis of bladder cancer: When detected early, bladder cancer is often treatable. A delay in diagnosis, however, can allow the cancer to spread into the nodal system, significantly limiting the patient's chance of survival.
- Misdiagnosis of liver cancer: Liver cancer is difficult to treat even when detected early. When doctors misdiagnose this disease, it all too often results in wrongful death.
- Misdiagnosis of esophageal cancer: Esophageal cancer is a rare but deadly form of cancer. Warning signs are difficulty swallowing and painful swallowing.
- Misdiagnosis of lung cancer: While there is no cure for lung cancer, a timely diagnosis can significantly ease symptoms and prolong life.
Our attorneys have the experience to thoroughly and comprehensively investigate your injuries, build a claim and bring a lawsuit against those who are responsible. We have recovered favorable outcomes for our clients in trial and settlement.
Failure to Diagnose and Misdiagnosis in the Bronx
Call us at 866-516-5887 or e-mail us to schedule a free, confidential consultation. Our delayed diagnosis attorneys represent clients throughout the Bronx and the New York metropolitan area.
You pay nothing upfront. You pay nothing unless we win your case.