People go to doctors because of their specialized knowledge. Patients depend upon doctors to order appropriate tests, properly read the results and correctly interpret other symptoms to diagnose illnesses and injuries. When a disease or illness is not diagnosed right away, the number of treatment options may shrink, and the remaining options may not be as effective.
If you have lost a loved one due to a doctor's failure to diagnose an illness, you need to speak with an experienced Brooklyn medical malpractice lawyer. At the law firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP, we provide strong representation for medical malpractice cases, including those involving misdiagnosis and a failure to diagnose.
Failure to Diagnose Attorneys in New York City
We are able to handle every kind of case involving a physician's failure to diagnose a disease in a timely fashion, including:
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer: When cancer is not detected early, it can spread to other parts of the body and lead to death. Our law firm serves victims of every type of cancer misdiagnosis, including breast cancer misdiagnosis.
- Failure to diagnose and prevent a heart attack: In too many emergency rooms, doctors send patients with heart attack symptoms home. Death or grievous injury is the result. Often there is a callous failure to perform rudimentary procedures such as serial EKG and blood enzyme analysis.
- Failure to properly read X-rays and mammograms: Radiologists are trained to read and interpret X-rays. When they make mistakes, the patient loses valuable time to combat disease.
- Negligent treatment of diabetes: When physicians fail to treat diabetes properly, individuals can suffer severe harm or death.
- Misdiagnosis of appendicitis: Appendicitis is often misdiagnosed as a less serious condition like indigestion or flu. A delay in diagnosis can lead to severe medical complications requiring extensive medical treatment, or even wrongful death.
- Misdiagnosis of colon cancer: Colon cancer often goes undetected before it becomes life-threatening. Patients exhibiting signs of colon cancer should be screened as soon as possible.
- Misdiagnosis of bladder cancer: When detected early, bladder cancer is often treatable. A delay in diagnosis, however, can allow the cancer to spread into the nodal system, significantly limiting the patient's chance of survival.
- Misdiagnosis of liver cancer: Liver cancer is difficult to treat even when detected early. When doctors misdiagnose this disease, it all too often results in wrongful death.
- Misdiagnosis of esophageal cancer: Esophageal cancer is a rare but deadly form of cancer. Warning signs are difficulty swallowing and painful swallowing.
- Misdiagnosis of lung cancer: While there is no cure for lung cancer, a timely diagnosis can significantly ease symptoms and prolong life.
In every case, our medical malpractice lawyers in New York City will make a complete investigation of your injuries and bring a lawsuit against those responsible. Our tough, aggressive approach regularly leads to favorable outcomes for our clients in trial and settlement.
Contact Our Cancer Misdiagnosis Lawyers in Brooklyn
Call us at 866-516-5887 or e-mail us to schedule a free, confidential consultation. Our delayed diagnosis attorneys represent clients throughout Brooklyn and the New York metropolitan area.