Doctors have a responsibility to use their specialized knowledge to accurately test for and interpret the signs and symptoms of illnesses and diseases. Failure to properly diagnose these illnesses can limit the treatment options. Often, the only options that remain are invasive and painful and may not be as effective.
At the law firm of Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP, our attorneys take on medical professionals who have breached their duty to their patients. In Queens and throughout the state of New York, we have recovered significant verdicts and settlements for clients who have been harmed by a failed diagnosis.
Failure to Diagnose Lawyers in New York City
We are able to handle every kind of case involving a physician's failure to diagnose a disease in a timely fashion, including:
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer: When cancer is not detected early, it can spread to other parts of the body and lead to death. Our law firm serves victims of every type of cancer misdiagnosis, including breast cancer misdiagnosis.
- Failure to diagnose and prevent a heart attack: In too many emergency rooms, doctors send patients with heart attack symptoms home. Death or grievous injury is the result. Often there is a callous failure to perform rudimentary procedures such as serial EKG and blood enzyme analysis.
- Failure to properly read X-rays and mammograms: Radiologists are trained to read and interpret X-rays. When they make mistakes, the patient loses valuable time to combat disease.
- Negligent treatment of diabetes: When physicians fail to treat diabetes properly, individuals can suffer severe harm or death.
- Misdiagnosis of appendicitis: Appendicitis is often misdiagnosed as a less serious condition like indigestion or flu. A delay in diagnosis can lead to severe medical complications requiring extensive medical treatment, or even wrongful death.
- Misdiagnosis of colon cancer: Colon cancer often goes undetected before it becomes life-threatening. Patients exhibiting signs of colon cancer should be screened as soon as possible.
- Misdiagnosis of bladder cancer: When detected early, bladder cancer is often treatable. A delay in diagnosis, however, can allow the cancer to spread into the nodal system, significantly limiting the patient's chance of survival.
- Misdiagnosis of liver cancer: Liver cancer is difficult to treat even when detected early. When doctors misdiagnose this disease, it all too often results in wrongful death.
- Misdiagnosis of esophageal cancer: Esophageal cancer is a rare but deadly form of cancer. Warning signs are difficulty swallowing and painful swallowing.
- Misdiagnosis of lung cancer: While there is no cure for lung cancer, a timely diagnosis can significantly ease symptoms and prolong life.
Our Queens lawyers can help you understand your rights and examine your options for filing a claim. We know how to make complex medical issues simple for juries to understand and how to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions or inaction.
Contact Our Cancer Misdiagnosis Lawyers in Queens
Call us at 866-516-5887 or e-mail us to schedule a free, confidential consultation. Our delayed diagnosis attorneys represent clients throughout the New York metropolitan area and across the state.